INSIGHTS: ZELL AM SEE PROPERTY
Insights: Zell am See Property. Alpine Property intelligence recently caught up with our partner ABSOLUT IMMOBILIEN in Zell am See to discuss the trends they are seeing and how they see the market this season.
• First of all, after the prodigious snowfall of the 2017-18 season, did you see a follow through of interest from buyers into the summer and autumn?
Zell am See and Kaprun are, thanks to Lake Zell and the glacier skiing on the Kitzsteinhorn, four season destinations and that is what most of our clients are looking for. A snowy winter is of course always very nice and it is good for the tourists and the rental income, but in general we are busy with property seekers all year round.
• What sort of properties do you see most in demand?
Resales and new build projects are both very popular. Also a lot of clients are looking for properties with a second home status.
• Is there enough for sale in the market in this segment?
The demand is definitely higher than the supply. Luckily we always manage to find, or the client find us, some new projects or resale properties.
• Are there any ‘soft spots’ in the market in Zell am See currently, where might canny buyers find a good deal?
No, Zell am See and Kaprun are popular villages among the investors and property owners know that.
How is the new development market in Zell am See? Which are the best new projects you would flag to our readers?
In Hinterglemm we are offering a new project apart-hotel located just opposite the Zwölferkogelbahn and walking distance from the ski lifts and the town centre. Expected ROI of this project is in the first year about 4%, up to almost 6% after ten years. If you are looking to invest in a ski resort, this is a really good opportunity! (Details below)
• Please tell us about significant new infrastructures, new hotels, events in Zell am See.
There is quite a lot going on in the area. Last year the Bergbahnen in Kaprun started building the new lift that connects the village of Kaprun to the glacier on the Kitzsteinhorn. In December 2019 this connection should be completely finished.
Besides that, Zell am See will be connected to the ski area of Saalbach Hinterglemm and will become the biggest connected ski area in Austria! Last but not least, Piesendorf, the village next to Zell am See, will most likely be connected with four new lifts and pistes to Zell am See as well.
As you can see a lot is going on to attract people in the winter. In the summer many events are being organised, like the Iron Man and parties at the lake with fireworks. Of course the region is also popular for all the standard mountain activities, like hiking, climbing and mountain biking. Afterwards you can jump in the lake to cool down!
• In general, how would you describe price trends in Zell-am-See over the last 12 months?
A lot has been happening. New lifts are being built, many events are organised and the villages seem to be more popular than ever. Property value rises every year a few percent and property buyers realise that investing in this area is a nice and stable investment.
• What would be your best advice to current or potential sellers in terms of timing, how and when to list your property?
In four season destinations like Zell am See and Kaprun there is no bad timing to sell your property.
• Finally, if you had to pick one chalet or apartment, of all the properties you have for sale, as your favourite, which one would it be?
This one, as mentioned above…
Lake photo courtesy of Zell am See Kaprun Tourist Office