Who is liable if you, or a member of your party, accidently knock over a bottle of red wine on the lovely cream carpet or sofa, or the bath accidentally overflows?
- The letting agent or operator won’t be too happy, as the next set of guests arrive on Saturday.
- The booking conditions may catch you out.
- Damages and repairs are expensive to fix at short notice in ski resorts.
- The initial liability rests with the person named on the rental contract, regardless of who actually caused the accident.
- It is therefore essential to check carefully that your travel insurance covers this contractual liability.
- Furthermore, the rental contract may stipulate that suitable insurance is in place.
- In France it is a legal requirement.
- MPI’s specialist ski travel insurance covers this liability within the terms and conditions of the policy.
⇒ Click here for an online discount and quick quote.
Read our article covering Ski and Travel Insurance – don’t leave home without it. Alpine Property intelligence has teamed up with MPI, a leading specialist in dependable, flexible and good value travel and wintersports insurance.
Feature image Chalet Velajo Courchevel Le Praz - available to rent on Alpine Property intelligence.
Alpine Property intelligence Ltd. is an Introducer of Michael Pettifer Insurance Brokers Limited t/as MPI Brokers, who are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Alpine Property intelligence do not advise on any Insurance Products.