Summer in the Alps...
APi has long been of the opinion that the mountains are a fine place to be in the summer with space, beautiful scenery, and a...
La Grange 1813. A unique restored barn in Villars. 50m from the shops and the main road to Villars. Easy access all year.
At the heart of the district of Carroz, from which the villages of Chesières and Villars grew, a former agricultural barn, listed in the heritage of the Commune, completely transformed into a modern and unique dwelling, with only the old wood and stones dating from 1813. The building has kept its original exterior appearance. The restoration was carried out in 2014 by the architecture firm Pierre-Claude and Éric Thévenaz.
Surface approx. 200 m2 and plot of 549 m2. This unique restored barn in Villars comprises:
Ground floor: Large entrance fully tiled. 2 large bedrooms with oiled solid oak flooring and en suite bathroom. Separate WC for guests. Technical room and laundry room equipped with washing machine and Miele 8kg tumble dryer. An office which can be converted into 3rd bedroom with bathroom (all piping and plumbing are provided).
1st floor: Large living area under roof with old beams, solid oiled oak flooring, comprising:
– A dining room and open kitchen fully equipped, with a large central island of 2.40mx 1.20m.
– A triple Remote-controlled velux skylight which illuminates the room.
– A living room separated from the dining room by a part of wall entirely made of old plank dating from the original construction.
– Bay windows on all the walls. Access south side to a balcony terrace with stairs to the garden.
– Large fireplace with insert and ventilation for additional heating.
– Master bedroom en suite with bathroom, separate WC, dressing room.
Under the roof: A mezzanine which can be used as a TV or office lounge, solid oak flooring. Velux window for skylights also.
Please enter your email address below and get alerts as soon as we have a new property matching your search criteria.